Monday, September 21, 2009

The day I turn 22.......on 2nd Hari Raya....



On the 21st September 2009, I had to remove the "1" digit and replace it with "2" from the back of my age description in applications form..


I'm definitely in a hate love mood when it comes to my age...
I love the fact that i'm maturing gracefully (i sound like i'm 50 plus) and is anticipating for the next one to come...(at 22 I'm old enough to legally go clubbing! Yeah!!...but pity I didnt do clubbing..haha)


But i hate the fact that as i get older, people always expects me to act a certain way...
e.g: "ehh? How old are you now? Still play with the younger children ?"
"oii! Big baby! don't keep playing be more serious...."
"Are you suppose to act like this with them at this age?"


(-_-!!!) Get what i mean? Just because i'm past the ten-ish age I'm suppose to act like a middle age man? sigh.... The family is so traditional... but they are family. (What to do?)

The family isn't really big on the B'Day thing once u reach the age 10. To them, the day of your birth is just another day or if they want to celebrate it they will throw a big eat out and inform everyone weeks before the actually date.

In my family wishing each other B'day will sparks awkwardness....haha
Even my mum also had an awkward moment wishing me on my B'day, she went like, " Oh!*with a look of surprise* Almost forgot to wish you Happy Birthday..." (lame right? but at least she put effort in it and tried).

So almost like any other year..my B'day was once again forgotten..haha..realy..but I dont mind..
Normally the occasion would be I'm the one buying the cake & my family will ask whose B'day was it?
...A little dissapointed i answered,"err.. mine?". They looked at me with that looked as if they just saw superman flew past and scolded me somemore, "Eh! why never tell me earlier? I didn't know la".
(Didn't remember still scold me T-T)  

The one's that actually remembered made me even more disappointed...
"See at least *Nisfu (younger sister) who remembered* know when is my birthday..."
She replied, "actually I also forgotten one, just saw in ur friendster screen at the last minute".  
*A dagger stab me in the heart*


But still I had few good memory on my B'day celebration like the one when a bunch of friends try to assemble 12 pieces of cakes into one cakes in Secret Recipe's, ambushing me at my house when I skip school on my Bday & that time when my family & an uncle neighbour arrange surprise party at the Taa'bas Village (Middle east restaurant) that nearly make me faint with embarrassment as the waitress came in singing & holding the cake.
* I dun like to be centre of attention..u see..hehe..(myself being an anti-social old hag (0.o)..)
also all the beautiful memories of B'day party from when I was small..
& simply all the wonderful memories through thick & thin since the day my mom brought me into this world..
I don't care if people forget bout my B'day as long they hold my existence close to their hearts..
for I meant to be something to them ( dear one ) as they had been to me
*ceh....blushing (^.^)/ ...getting bashful..

Owwhh...like all the people who forgot my B'day which had been overshadow by Hari Raya..
I also almost forgot to wish everyone hepi hari raye..
maap zahir batin..atas segala kesalahan, makan n minum, n sume ter2 tuh...
kita buka buku baru eh..0-0...

Another year older & hope to be more wiser..
In forgiving and forgetting...(which I always do)..huhu






1 comment:

Z a F said...

happy birthday diba sayang!!!!!!!!!!!